Monday, June 14, 2010

Top Ten

10. babies in snow suits and security guards in trench coats in 88 degree weather (its winter here)
9. women balancing objects on their heads, we saw a woman carrying a tv and another volunteer saw one with a mini refrigerator
8. the place we stay is heavily secured with bars, electric fences and guards, no locals are allowed in, and our curfew is 10pm, we have come to find out it is know around town as "Mzungu prison"
7. the machettes right next to the childrens' toys at the Monday Market
6. Monica's classes' science book which includes pictures of acceptable things and what good kids do (pee in the river) and what bad kids do (play in the rain)
5. vehicles that come within inches of hitting you when the rest of the road is wide open
4. TFT, Tanzanian flexible time. if you are within a couple hours, you are on time
3. short, fat ties, I don't know if its for lack of fabric or if they are just childrens ties, but they are definately the style
2. local people apparently not being able to say the name 'Bridget' therefore I now respond to 'Project'
1. in a place that has neither running water nor roads, we are still able to update our blog

6 comments:

  1. bunqueesha and project,I am so proud and excited for you both, what a fantastic experience!!!!!! I sure have enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures keep them coming. take good care of yourselves you in our thoughts and prayers, keep safe,
    Mama Koehne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this to your mother and we are LOL. Especially your new name Bea - Project. I have sent this blog out to so many and they have commented about how much fun it is to read.

    Love you guys so much. Mom and Dad and little Moxie (who is looking at me because I have food in my hand)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was loling too (Dad is so funny!!) - I actually cried I laughed so hard! Ant loves to read all about Auntie MoMo and Auntie Project so keep the updates coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching on and up! This is great. You two rock. Take more pics. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridge... I cracked up when I read that you now respond to 'Project.' I like it. haha! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete