Monday, July 26, 2010

Last Weekend in Baga

There is a local food here called ChipsMayai (pronounced Chips My Eye) and it can be found almost everywhere. Basically it is an omlette with fries inside. Yeah, I know sounds really weird but words cannot describe how wonderful it is. It is something you must try for yourself. As with just about anything else, people start to develop the affinity for CM at certain establishments. For quite some time, there has been disagreement around who served the best CM; however, after this weekend we hope to have some clarity on the issue. Bridget and I helped to arrange the first ever ChipsMayai Challenge, or Tour De Chipsi if you rather. We along with two other friends visited five dining establishments and ordered the same dish. Then using a 1 to 5 rating scale, we rated the dish on the following characteristics: Temperature, Appearance, Overall Taste, and Overall Experience. Knowing me and my love of food, it should not surprise you that I loved this event. We all made notes, filled in evaluation sheets and took the ratings very seriously and came to an overall satisfactory conclusion. So if you are ever in Baga and want to know where the best ChipsMayai is, just ask! Here is a pic of each CM…which one would be your favorite?




3 comments:

  1. awesome challenge ladies!! We are not at all surprised that you had a restaurant crawl of sorts in Africa :) So excited that you had so much fun!!

    so which one won???? The first and last are my favorites! I am so hungry now!! I might go whip up some chips my eye right now :) I wonder how many points it will be??

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - anthony found his little feet - SO cute - he grabs them and just layes there holding them - and sometimes he even tries to eat them!! He can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that eating your feet is about 14 points, so I won't be doing that....even though it sounds rather appealing right now. Yes, Monica and Project ....brings some of those chips my eye back with you...or better yet, can you recreate them after you come back?
    Love you both...can't wait until next week.

    ReplyDelete