Friday, May 28, 2010

Safe arrival...part one

Thanks to the five star service of Qatar airways, we made it doha in just under sixteen hours. And yet now our journey is still only at the half way mark. A twelve hour layover in Doha and then a six hour flight to dar es Salem. And just in case that wasn't enough travel, it will still be about five more hours till we reach bagamoyo.

Travel tip for the day: if Qatar flies anywhere close to where you are traveling, and I mean anywhere close, take it! Seriously, they were amazing...I'm not even mad:)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! So glad you are sortof halfway safely. We miss you and love you!! Have been listening to the Africa cd....it made me all teary eyed :( I KNEW Qatar Air would be 5 star quality - I don't know why it wouln't!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that I missed you on fb. Mom and I were at the ordination and after party for 4 deacons being ordained. It was a great event. You must be very tired. Moxie is over in her kennel snoring as we speak. Today is bath day for her and I guess I will take one too.

    Love you guys, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are safe and sound....halfway...We went to Megan and Devin's wedding and it was so stinking hot, our legs were sweaty. Gross. Hope you're not too sweaty in Africa! We miss you and love you. BYEEEEEEEE!!!!

    Love,
    Katerina and Allison (best roommates ever)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two were lookin' goooooood in that Qatar airport. Surely it was due to your magnificient services of Qatar airways. Can't wait to hear from you, hopefully soon! Safe arrival...part two in the works?

    Love you lots and lots and miss you tons!
    Much love and many prayers,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete